kravnh

Chris Lilly's 4-Stage Ribs

Cooked these yesterday. The recipe is from Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book, page 196. Forgot to take cooking pics. This is a pic, taken by my wife, of the finished product, which I had foiled after they were done to keep 'em warm while I grilled some asparagus and eggplant. For the 4th-stage finishing glaze, I used Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Original Sensuous Slathering BBQ Sauce, mixed with honey, for a bit more sweetness. I have yet to perfect my ribs, but these came closest to where I want them to be. I think fall-off-the-bone is too tender; I'm shooting for hang-on-to-the-bone, but tear clean off when bitten. These were tear *almost* clean off the bone. The quest for rib perfection continues Keith fetch?id=68425

Re: Chris Lilly's 4-Stage Ribs

They were. And the leftovers made a great lunch today too. I forgot to mention in my original post that I used cherry and hickory for smoke. The seasoning was fantastic; a little heat, a little sweet. Not too much of either.