ThreeDJ16

Seasoned Fries!

The best french fry season in the world is to take half Tony Chachere's (http://www.tonychachere.com/) and half sugar (I kick it up a little more with extra cayenne) and sprinkle this blend on fresh cut fries as soon as they come out of the fryer. Then dip them in ranch dressing - OMG that is good. Sounds really weird having sugar in a fry season, but once you get over thinking it sounds really odd and actually try this, you will be freaked out by how good it is.

-=Jasen=-

I'm sure Maj will tell us how they are...he's got plenty of faith in your recipes :D

Don't be chicken, the next time you have fries, mix up a little and try it. It is a rare thing if I use ketchup now; just this season and ranch. One thing I forgot to mention; I like the season a bit finer for dusting the fries, so I place the season in my trusty mortar and pestle till fine (not necessary, it just seems to coat better).

-=Jasen=-

I will give these a shot, but the best fries in the world are definitely skin-on fries that are liberally doused with apple cider vinegar and a nice dusting of Old Bay.

Ill put those up against anything!

I never said peel mine in the above recipe - I always leave skin on. I like vinegar fries too, they have their place (fish & chips - Mmm). But these are my favorite ones. Make sure you dust them immediately after you shake the oil off or the coating will not stick. I use real ranch, none of that low fat or low calorie BS! Man, I want some now!

-=Jasen=-

My son would always dip his fries in ranch when I stopped at Hooters to watch a game. (now I have sunday ticket and a K..., if only I could find some hooters girls to open my beers for me 8)) I kind of thought he was nuts, since I dipped mine in Three Mile Island wing sauce.

Ill try it...maybe he was onto something.

My son would always dip his fries in ranch when I stopped at Hooters to watch a game. (now I have sunday ticket and a K..., if only I could find some hooters girls to open my beers for me 8)) I kind of thought he was nuts, since I dipped mine in Three Mile Island wing sauce.

Ill try it...maybe he was onto something.

Then try my kicked up version by adding cayenne to the season. I also make a flaming ranch by doing the same (and a few drop of habanero sauce to it - not much as it messes with the ranch flavor if you add to much of any hot sauce).

-=Jasen=-

You are talking about Tony's Cajun seasoning' date=' right? I just want to be sure, cause they make several spice blends.[/quote']

Yeah, they call it original. I am just used to calling that one Tony Chachere's - hehe - I forget about all the rest. Frankly, the only other one of the seasons I like is the "More Spicy' and it would be good in this recipe. The herb blend kinda sucked.

-=Jasen=-