Loquitur

Using a Wok on a Big Green Egg

I sure would like to have the accessory that the Big Green Egg users have that permits cooking with a wok on the BGE. Check this out:

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/xl-spider.html

Dennis - any possibility you might offer something like this as an accessory??? I'm thinking maybe I could order it from The Ceramic Grill Store but I wouldn't know what measurements to give since it only has three legs and our KK's aren't round.

Re: Using a Wok on a Big Green Egg

I sure would like to have the accessory that the Big Green Egg users have that permits cooking with a wok on the BGE. Check this out:

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/xl-spider.html

Dennis - any possibility you might offer something like this as an accessory??? I'm thinking maybe I could order it from The Ceramic Grill Store but I wouldn't know what measurements to give since it only has three legs and our KK's aren't round.

The guy's name that owns The Ceramic Grill Store is Tom. He makes very good quality products. He would be glad to talk to you.

One thing to be considered about using a Wok

on the KK is what size Wok will fit inside. Also at which level inside the KK

would the Wok sit. I have a 16" Wok. I could see if it will fit inside and with

The apparatus the Wok would sit on is another factor.

Dennis - any possibility you might offer something like this as an accessory???

Of course!

;);)

Please chime in and tell me how large you would like the diameter of the ring to be and how high above the firebox..

I have been using the gas unit that came with my Komodo-Kamado for a Wok heat source.

For a Wok unit on the KK I suggest using an adjusted main level setup. The wok needs to be stable but easy on and off.

I would design it to fit your Mrs Linkletter using her inputs.

Her background and experience will far outshine any humble suggestions from me.

If you want to know about a wok...ask a Thai

Eggary: Did you ever use your wok on your Big Green Egg? I have a 16" wok also and will try to figure out where it should be positioned in the KK tomorrow.

I did and it worked well. The Wok got really hot and it took a short time to cook.

Cannot use a Wok with a handle.

Eggary: Did you use your wok with the Big Green Egg Spider? If so, how high did you fill the firebox with lump and how far off the coals was the bottom of the wok?

The traditional old style bucket charcoal wok stove below places the wok virtually on top of the coals so I'm thinking the device holding the wok has to suspend it really close to the top of a load of lump. And then you would vary the intensity of the heat by either inverting the device to raise the wok from the lump and/or keep the height of the lump lower in the basket so its further from the wok.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... g&dur=1136

I totally agree that any input from Sai would be more than welcome!!!!

Susan