normstar

Lump Charcoal source in Los Angeles

Hi All -

I'm looking for a good source of lump in So Cal for my high heat cooks and stumbled across this place. Has anyone tried their stuff? I called and they told me their retail pricing is $25-40lb bag of oak and hickory; and $13/40-lb bag of Mesquite. Sounds like if you've got a restaurant or some sort of business they may have wholesale pricing as well. Will update y'all if I try it.

http://calchar.com/catablog-terms/charcoal-products-2/

Re: Lump Charcoal source in Los Angeles

Doc, call these guys:

http://www.lazzari.com/

They will wholesale to you if you take a palette. I used to use their mesquite all the time. It was $12 and change for a 40# bag, 25 bags per palette.

They have distribution warehouses around the country, (price above was for Orlando) and I was able to go pick mine up 20 miles from my house. Unfortunately, all they stock in Orlando is mesquite, and not the oak. Your price may be cheaper with less freight since they for sure aren't growing or producing mesquite around here.

Re: Lump Charcoal source in Los Angeles

Craig,

The Charcoal Place is next door to a Supplier that I buy from. As for Carson, if it is possible, I can always pick up the CoCo as well. I have another supplier that I buy from in Carson as well. I don't know if Dennis will allow Customer Will Call. It would make it easier for me since I am down their a lot. I still have a box of CoCo left.