MadMedik

Paella sounds good!

I believe Surly Table only carries stainless steel pans. One can buy carbon steel pans in larger sizes from other sources such as http://www.spanishtable.com/. True paella should be fairly thin (think Italian pizza rather than Chicago pizza). I own four sizes of carbon steel pans, and only use the largest, for which I had to saw off the handles in order to close the KK.

Spanish technique would be over an open fire at the beach, and good only if very well executed or there is lots of wine. I saute ingredients with the KK open and guests enjoying the outside with me, then bake. Purists would cringe at the "bake" part but in the case of the KK it works better and contributes more fire flavor. Like all things this affects the amount of liquid to use, which one can't possibly explain in a post, one has to just learn. Bomba rice is different, etc. etc.

Hey Syzgies, glad to see you back. I suppose what you are saying is carbon steel pans are better than stainless steel pans? I have the stainless one, it work before. It does seem to have rust spots on it, but just a little. I would clean thoroughly before using. I almost bought a larger pan yesterday. Perhaps I will go with carbon steel pans?

On my other post you will see my round Evo Grill in outdoor kitchen. My next cook I plan to pre cook or sauté the fish on grill, do sofrito mix on a portable gas burner I will put on counter...then have my KK fire going for the smokey bake part to instill some smoke taste. In my min fit seems logical, but what do I know??? LOL

To answer Sav, the round grill is evolution Grill, or Evo. It was once on a BBQ/grill top 10 list of cookers. KK was number 2' this was 7 or 8. In no way is it a BBQ or smoker, but is a phenomenal grill. I have been lots of cooking on this lately.

Here are a few pics of it:

Chinese stir fry

Chorizo scramble burrito

Grilled troutpost-574-0-33120300-1391359943_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-37426900-1391359691_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-88424500-1391359747_thumb.jpg