normstar

Cyber Q question

Hi All,

I'm considering a Cyber Q - as opposed to the Digi Q mainly for the wireless and ability to monitor/control from my phone.  However, I'm worried that the Cyber Q may not be albe to grab the wireless signal out by my KK in the back yard.  Can anyone comment on how good the wireless receiver is in the Cyber Q?

Also, if I cannot get wireless access, is it pointless to get the Cyber Q, should I just get the Digi Q? 

Thanks all and happy friday!

andy

Can you get wifi on your phone in your yard? The cyberq also acts as its own server, so you can connect to it directly, but this is another step you have to deal with. If you're just going to control them manually, the cyberq is a pain, but if you can hook up to it via smart device, it's the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a way to move your router? There are always options. When you get it, I suggest you get it completely set up before you try moving outside. You have to connect it to your home network before you'll know if it'll work outside anyway. How old is your router? Sometimes this is a side issue also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hay normstar are you handy in the electronics form.  As i have built and am using a home made version of the Cyber-q i have a Digi q but just prefer to have the ability to make changes online.

The other advantage of the home made one is that you can change the wireless out for something that has longer range and something like a pringle can antenna.  

The things that you would need is the ability to do some soldering.  Access to a 3d printer to make a case.  http://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?85-HeaterMeter-DIY-BBQ-Controller if you are intrested.  I can assist / hep a bit with the building.  I am currently trying to make a better mount for it so i can eaisly use a roto damper rather than just the fan.

Davey