GrillingMontana

Cheaters Char Siu Pork

I have made this before from scratch to the best of what research I had available.  This time, I grabbed a few packets of Char Siu marinade from the big W that looked Asian and somewhat authentic.  

Taking 2.5# of tenderloin and slicing it into long, thin strips was all I did other than adding the marinade powder to the zip top bag. 

It rested overnight.  Then- raised direct at about 375F

IMG_6123_zpsc996a38a.jpg

Getting some char-color

IMG_6127_zps4b0fd139.jpg

Switched to direct and opened the vents

IMG_6126_zps038e0c24.jpg

and a couple of plated pics-

DSC_0113_zps471ecef7.jpg

DSC_0129_zps065a11eb.jpg

Instant classic at my place-

Thanks for looking!  P-

• Like 2

Montana - I understand how that is an instant classic at your place. It'll be an instant classic at my place too when I cook it for SWMBOI! Nicely done and kudos to you! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you Chef!!!

Funny how making dishes like this can resonate so much emotion.  Have had leftovers now twice already and I just want to keep this on hand for funzies going forward.

On to the next experiment!  Cheers- P

Thank you tony b!  

Super flattering of you to say, but in reality I am in a photo "composition" class at the school of evening learning and submitted some plated pictures for my assignment.

Cheers- P

Aha! A ringer! Me thinks the game is afoot. Montana, I used to be in higher Ed and for this assignment, I give you an A+!

How do you lose in this game? Photography, cooking, and having to eat your subjects!

Nice catch, tony!