EGGARY

Leg of Lamb

Picked up a Leg of Lamb at Costco.  It's the one in the netting.    I took off the netting, washed it and then put on a marinade of garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried rosemary.  Letting it get "happy".  Plan on putting it on KoKo.  What is the best way to cook it ?  I don't want to overcook it.

Do I cut it in the middle as there isn't much meat in the middle ?  

Any suggestions would help.  I know it isn't a right or wrong way of doing it.  One more thing, do I put in into the meshed netting ?

Thanks.

You can leave off the netting. If you're worried about its irregular shape, you could tie it back up with butcher's twine. Lamb is best when served rare. So I like to do a quick sear on all sides at 450F on the lower grate (not the sear grate), then put it up on the main grate to roast at 325F until you hit an IT of around 125F. Pull it off and let it rest for 10 - 15 minutes before cutting into it.

A good thing to do is put a pan of quartered potatoes (baby red or Yukon golds), lightly tossed in oil with a bit of S&P, on the lower grate underneath the lamb, so the drippings flavor the potatoes! YUMMY!