BBQKaeding

Independence Day 2016

My typical batch size is 20 gallons or 15 if it's a high gravity brew (>1.070) using a 25 gallon mash tun and 30 gallon boil kettle. My Blichmann Fermenator has 2 domes, one for 27 gal. capacity and one for 42 gallons. The (intended) 35 gallon batch was using the 42 gal. configuration of the Fermenator with myself brewing as well as my brew buddy who was using a 26 gal. boil kettle and 70 qt. mash tun and brewing the same beer. Big brew day for sure. We share my 55 gallon HLT when we brew together so I could do barrel batches if I wanted, using both mash tuns and boil kettles, but I don't really want 6 or 7  (5 gallon) kegs of the same beer because I only have 14 kegs in rotation. So we only do BBL+ batches if we're doing the same beer and share the fermenter and then split the bounty. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the setup on Friday. My Blichmann Fermenator sits in a commercial freezer where I have cooling, heat and data logging.

Dude, that's just sick! You're no longer a homebrewer, you're a NanoBrewery! And, Blichmann equipment is da shizzle! If you didn't know Dr. Blichmann is a Mech Eng prof at Iowa State Univ. He's always at his vendor booth @ NHC every year. Nice man and great fun to chat with. 

I expect to meet up with you at NHC next year in Minneapolis! My club will be there in spades!