Theo Lotz

What kind of thermometer?

Thermometer

As far as I'm concerned their is only one Komodo qualtiy thermometer and that is by Tel Tru.

Their the accuracy and quality are excellent.

Product No: 23100565

Model

LT225R

Dial Size 2"

StemLgth 5"

Range 150/750°F

Conn. Loc. Back

Dial Plain

Price $19.00

This also comes in a model that reads from 200/1000°F I'd rather have the reading on the low end.

I've written to them about making them the OEM thermometers for Komodo..

teltru2.jpg

Amen. I have 6 of them. Incidentally, they make two models in two different stem lenghts, 5 inches and 2.5 inches. You may be tempted to order the short stem, but you might want to read the following web page first:

Which Tel-Tru Thermometer Should You Buy?

The short stem isn't long enough to get the entire sensor portion of the stem into the cooker. Hence, the short stem models will read artificially low temperatures. If you want the short stem thermometer in order to avoid poking the food, you need to make sure you get a long stem thermometer of some sort in order to be able to calibrate the short one. For example, if the long one reads 400 and the short one reads 300, you can then figure out a percentage to use to adjust the readings from the short stem models. However, it's a lot easier just to use the long stem.