stevemurphy4

Garlic- rosemary roasted potatoes.

This is one of my families favorietes!

2-3 lbs potatoes

1/4 lb peeled garlic ( adjust amout to taste)

6-8 5" sprigs fresh rosemary

olive oil

fresh ground black pepper

salt to finish

pre-heat oven to 375

I prefer to microwave the potatoes to "pre cook" them to a slightly soft but still quite firm stage. If using new potatoes, cut them in half; regular potatoes cut into app the same size.

Coat the bottom of a roasting pan lightly with olive oil and place rosemary sprigs on the bottom. Place potatoes on the rosemary and liberally sprinkle the garlic over the potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over to cover the surface of the potatoes well. Add black pepper.

Place in oven and roast for app 45 minutes or so . Check and stir potatoes as they start to browm. They should finish of a nice golden brown and slightly crusty.

Salte to taste

Nice recipe, Steve!

I do something very similar, only i put everything in a bowl and toss to coat in oil. Then i put it in a foil pouch and cook it on the grill - turning and shaking a few times as needed. I dont soften the potatoes, I just cook from raw.

A couple of variations....onion instead of garlic for a change, and you can also add dried chipotle flakes when garlic just isnt pairing well with the main course.

Next week didn't happen but I made it today...

Delish!!!!!!

Nice and crispy potatoes and the garlic was yum (I cut them into slices). We have a rosemary bush/tree in the backyard so we had some fresh sprigs...

Thanks for the recipe we'll definitely repeat this one!!