Turtle

PORK BUTT ( great for first cook)

Crab Boil Pork

I did a standard low and slow pork butt yesterday and rubbed it with Zatarain's Crab Boil. It tastes great, and not like seafood at all! Give it a try.

Another note: after the plateau, I took the meat off the KK at a temp of 175. My thought was, the plateau is over, the collagen and fat should be rendered, the meat is at a temperature well above what is recommended for pork to be "done", why run it up any higher? Well, the meat was just as perfectly done as my usual 185 finish. I was just curious. From now on I know I can pull the meat off the grill anywhere between 175 to 200, once the plateau is over. This could be handy for party purposes. Also if golf runs long! It gives tremendous time flexibility to cook at these low temps, it's hard to overcook.

Re: PORK BUTT ( great for first cook)

Picked up a high quality locally raised and butchered pork butt at the Monterey farmer's market on Friday...perfect timing to break in the new KK ;)

Using the Garam Masala recipe on the previous page I, using KK coco charcoal and some apple wood, smoked it 11-hours to 195*F.

How'd it taste you ask? Well...let's just say I'll be doing this one exactly the same again!

Garam Masala Pork Butt.jpg[/attachment:2mydnzlw]

post-7606-139082405824_thumb.jpg