gerard

Tile grout...

http://homepage.mac.com/komodokamado/.P ... erardw.jpg

Just remembered, I had asked Dennis to change that photo to eliminate a psychodelic background. Guess he labeled it with my name then.

Dennis, is that a JRE 40? If not, what is it?

Also: The kk in that photo has a high grout/tile ratio... different than the other photos we've seen lately. And there's a lot of grout above and below the tiles... not just on the sides. I thought ya'll weren't doing that. Or does it vary considerably with whomever the tileman is?

Keeping Dennis on his toes...

Gerard

Yup.. Good eyes there...

Yup.. Good eyes there... very observant.. Come do QC with me..

The standard is a 3mm between the tiles left to right.. Where the tiles turn this 3mm should be at the bottom.. This was made with the 3mm at the middle. On the two rows that turn sharply this makes a difference of about 1.5mm (wider) When we brought in new girls for training.. Standard tolerances were set and this was a misunderstanding of the 3mm is measured where the tiles turn...

This tile has a bit of a softer edge than others and therefore holds a bit more grout.. This also adds to the appearance of the wider grout line.

All tiles have no space between them top to bottom and are touching.. that's just grout in the groove...

Bill...

Bill... Your cooker has standard spacing.. the confusion she had was that where the tiles turn they should have a 3mm max space at the bottom she made this in the middle of the tile.. This is very minor.. Maybe 1.5mm difference at most and purely cosmetic. Actually my QC gal liked them more that way..

As for color, Some tiles just call for contrasting grout and some can actually be matched.. Your blue would not call for a blue grout.. The vibrant blue tiles have a grey tan border that we get very close to matching..