ThreeDJ16

Eat Your Hearts Out!!

Actually my daughter really wanted a dog' date=' so I promised I'd get her one. That's her dog. It looks better than the dog on Little House on the Prairie.[/quote']

Man, that is sad - hehe. :roll:

Oh yeah, I forgot to use the term "Redneck Heathens" in my last post. It is considered politically correct for me to use this term as - I R 1. :shock:

-=Jasen=-

Pimped Up... Another Notch!

Ok, I has been killing me lately thinking about getting a new KK and having a cool rotisserie. It was like, I want rotisserie chicken now damnit! Then I remembered that in a time long forgotten (the days of my old bullet water smoker), I once had a cheap rotisserie. So I went on a scavenger hunt today looking through the hordes of what I deem "Cool Junk" 8) and sure enough, I found it. It even had all the parts still - hehe. So anyway, I got it mounted to the "Pimped Out Smokey Joe" now and I am doing some rosemary-sage-thyme-pepper rotisserie chicken tonight! Pics will follow as soon as it quits raining. :wink:

-=Jasen=-

Dude' date=' is that a rotary engine attached to that thing :shock:[/quote']

Yup - back up a few posts and you will see I added it today! Here was the fruits of my labor - Mmmm - tasty (wanna taste my fruits there Curly - heheh :lol: ). It was rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika for the season - damn good!

-=Jasen=-

dscn0959mediumxa0.jpg

Did you go on a date with that old lady at Publics? How did you get the recipe?

Yeah, I'm getting a rotis for sure.

I have not got the BBQ rub recipe from Publix - yet. I just made up a standard poultry rub - marjurum-thyme-rosemary-paprika-pepper-salt.

I think the publix one is going to made up primarily of paprika and a season salt. I have made BBQ season for pork skins and I just took Tony Chachere's and mixed with paprika half and half - a little cayenne for the hot kind or a little sugar for milder - worked nicely.

-=Jasen=-

That chicken looks wonderful but that photo reminded me of why I stopped using rotisseries long before I started the ceramic path: GAWD I HATE CLEANING 'EM.

Don't particularly know why, they're not big or any dirtier than a grill but they're just sooo awkward. Maybe, after countless rib racks, drip pans, chicken sitters etc, I won't find it so odious anymore.

That skin looks awesome...was it as good tasting as it looked?

Just think what it'll be like in the KK (rubbing it in huh)

OMG yeah - so crunchy and full of flavor.

That chicken looks wonderful but that photo reminded me of why I stopped using rotisseries long before I started the ceramic path: GAWD I HATE CLEANING 'EM.

Don't particularly know why, they're not big or any dirtier than a grill but they're just sooo awkward. Maybe, after countless rib racks, drip pans, chicken sitters etc, I won't find it so odious anymore.

Very true, the little holder thingies are the real pain. I just take the whole thing and dump it in the sink. The rod cleans easily, the rest just soak till the gunk falls off. I am anxious for that nice all SS one. Home rotisserie is sooo much better than store bought. I cooked it till it was crispy and fallen apart - Publix doesn't do that. Thankfully, I got leftovers for work this weekend.

-=Jasen=-