Otto Maddock

Newbie from Seattle

Hello All,

My real name is Britt and I live in the Seattle suburb of Renton with my wife, Shelly.

Over the last month or so I've researched ceramic cookers. Like many of you I found the KOmodo after seeing the rest of competition. The Naked Whiz review of the KOmodo was instrumental in our decision.

We've purchased a GEN II OTB 23" with the bronze tiles. (The wife fell in love with the tiles at first sight!) We should take delivery in late August.

The KK is an upgrade to my Weber gas and charcoal grills. When Shelly and I got married 10 years ago, she insisted on getting a good gas grill. I was against it at first, but she was absolutely right about having something better than a small Weber charcoal grill. The Weber gas grill has been stellar over the last 10 years. We use it 2-3 times a week year round. (Yes, I will cook in the rain and the snow!) It still works great. We're planning on giving it to her brother.

To celebrate our 10 year anniversary we decided a new grill would be absolutely appropriate and indicative of our relationship. I did my research, placed the order, and here I am!

The food pictures posted all over this site are incredible. I can't wait to start experimenting.

I'm originally from TX. My grandfather built a monster smoker that requires a truck to pull it. (I'm trying to find the pictures.) I'm also looking for his brisket rub recipe. Hopefully I will find it!

I'm a tech geek and I'm looking forward to purchasing some gadgets. I'm in love with the idea of having my cooker connected to my home network.

Welcome to the forum and the KK club! We will definitely look forward to pictures - Until then... "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." :lol::lol: Gotta love Monty Python!!!

Firemonkey,

I completely agree with the 'pictures' requirement. There's a rule I like to follow in the computer geek world: "If you make a claim without evidence, I'm allowed to refute your claim, without evidence!"

DachieSlave,

The bronze looks fantastic from the photos. My wife Shelly nearly shrieked when she saw the picture. My buddy Cory has already made 2 Star Trek and 1 Star Wars references to the cooker! Something about photon torpedo capacity and R2D2's 'cooler' brother.

Conodo12 (a.k.a. Tim the Enchanter),

I highly doubt that I will be spoiling my cooker by the likes of any SPAM. :wink: You never know....

In the late 80's I worked in a video store. I can sing the entire Philosopher's Song....badly.

Of course I forgot to mention the most important thing:

Thank all of you very much for the warm welcome!

I really enjoy using all of my grills. Instead of buying a $60K BMW like my neighbor, I decided to satisfy my mid-life crisis by ratcheting up my hobby by buying a KK. The best part: My wife is all for it! No gray-hair pony-tail for me!

It will still be around long after that BMW is gone. Should get more mileage out of it, too.