DennisLinkletter

Forgotten feature...

KK cookerS can be easily opened and carried in two pieces. A 19-mm socket wrench is thoughtfully provided for connivence with all KK cookers, this is used to adjust the dome hinge spring tension. (Grills are shipped without tension for safety)

To remove the dome top, remove the rear hinge cover, loosen the spring tension and bolt with provided the 19-mm socket wrench, remove the clip from the main hinge shaft, tap the shaft free using a hammer and small piece of wood, unhook the spring and carry the two halves separately.

Top half Textured Classic is 81lbs - lower half w/stand and wheels about 209lbs with accessories 364lbs. The lower half comes with a rope harness that enables a few guys to carry them.

Lower half and base with wheels come standard semi permanently connected at the factory. The base with wheels is cast separately and has four stainless tubes running through it from top to bottom. It is then securely connected to the lower half of the cooker with four large bolts and tiled or texture finished as one.

It can be removed if necessary:

I had a driver drop one off the back of his truck, it landed on one corner of the crate and seriously shattered one leg. I tiled up another base and fired it off to the customer who had received very adequate compensation from the truckers insurance company. The bolts were taken out and the fourth row of tiles was removed, one strong whack one each side along the seam with a large chisel split the base free.. then the new base was bolted into place and the tiles and grout reapplied. In most cases, the cooker would have just been replaced but this customer was all up for the project.

Let's talk user friendly!

:wink:

Re: Forgotten feature...

I was just going through some old posts learning some things and stumbled upon this:

...Top half Textured Classic is 81lbs - lower half w/stand and wheels about 209lbs with accessories 364lbs.....

Really? The whole cooker is only 364lbs??? Are you sure? If I recall the Mexi-K's are about 450ish. If that's right, you really need to advertise that fact. That extra 90lbs is a bitch when moving it.

Actually I made one just like that and then replaced it

The current one reflects my dour and cynical personality. Maybe someday, some ceramic manufacturer* will give me reason to change my outlook on life.

j/k Primo - you're okay. And BGE too. And who knows about GD... no dealings with them.

Actual weight...

Really? The whole cooker is only 364lbs??? Are you sure? If I recall the Mexi-K's are about 450ish. If that's right, you really need to advertise that fact. That extra 100lbs is a bitch when moving it.

Hello Gerard,

Sorry for the delay.. had to zip over to Singapore over the weekend and wanted to get an off the scales weight for you :wink:

Ok, just off the scales...

KKweights.jpg

No it wouldn't...

Disc harrow is 22' in diameter (with slots at edges for air flow) and sat on rim of base... didn't work well... still needed ceramic heat deflector below it... otherwise drippings smouldered and spattered on meat above. So no need to use something so big and unwieldy but it was fun to try and I will probably want to use it again... unless you cut me an extraordinary deal on an OTB. :P

BTW... my poor disc harrow got accused by a certain manufacturer as causing massive tile loss (quote: "never seen tile loss before") on the main body and the dome... curious physics in that... especially since it apparently affected K's all across the country.

Jeez... and I was trying to behave. I tell ya the scars run deep.