leeherd

First attempt at pulled pork

Had a b-day party last weekend and the family descended so it gave me a great excuse to try my first a low n slow cook of pulled pork.

Got a couple of 8lb picnics, gave em a dry rub and cooked em up. Added a little extra smoke with maple and cherry scraps from my shop.

dsc01909kz5.jpg

dsc01908wm1.jpg

Added corn for the last 30 minutes to round out the meal.

dsc01910pq1.jpg

Would have had pics of the final pulled product, but the Vultures closed in before I could get the camera out. Nothing left but a full belly and a desire to do it again.

this is one of the reasons

i am in the market for a grill/smoker....i miss my nc style pulled pork! i made it for super bowl last year in my stovetop smoker. which i miss dearly, but since moving in with my girlfriend i'm not allowed to use it anymore as she claims it stinks up the house. personally i can think of nothing better than coming home to a house that perpetually smells like awesome bbq.

Re: this is one of the reasons

i am in the market for a grill/smoker....i miss my nc style pulled pork! i made it for super bowl last year in my stovetop smoker. which i miss dearly' date=' but since moving in with my girlfriend i'm not allowed to use it anymore as she claims it stinks up the house. personally i can think of nothing better than coming home to a house that perpetually smells like awesome bbq.[/quote']

It may be none of my business but maybe you should rethink this girlfriend decision... ;)

I'll say this much, I'd never marry a girl that thinks bbq stinks, I may go out with here...but a man has got to draw the line somewheres.

We'd have a chat :smt006

Curly you forget, we've seen your gurly, you wouldn't let her go that easily, stop the posturing before she reads your posts and woops yer a**. :smt075

I'll say this much, I'd never marry a girl that thinks bbq stinks, I may go out with here...but a man has got to draw the line somewheres.

We'd have a chat :smt006

You are absolutely right, Curly. A man has to draw a line somewhere. Usually way off in the corner, in back of the shed, right behind the spider infested wood pile where your sweetie will never find out. Ahh!! silent rebellion.

And of course you know that "chat" would end up with you saying

"Yes Dear." and then slinking back to the wood pile to smile at your line.

:):):)