RedStick

Hello....My Name is RedStick

A whole lot more people, more cars, more traffic - and the Cajun restaurants are few and far between.

What I miss most food wise is stoping at the local street corner store and picking up fresh boiled crawfish, crab, shrimp - whatever - if you didn't want to boil yourself.

Those were the days!!!

A whole lot more people, more cars, more traffic - and the Cajun restaurants are few and far between.

What I miss most food wise is stoping at the local street corner store and picking up fresh boiled crawfish, crab, shrimp - whatever - if you didn't want to boil yourself.

Those were the days!!!

How about the stores here that sell boudin and cracklin's? I'll bet you used buy both. I like to boil seafood at home. The "more traffic" part is a real turn off. I know Baton Rouge was no picnic to drive in...especially when LSU had a local game! Lafayette is busy enough for me and then some. 

Absolutely, Poochie. When making the road trip home to catch an LSU game, I stop at Don's Specialty Meats for some cracklin as it is fairly easy to get in and out of there. Boudin is scooped up along the way as well.

You are exactly right about the Baton Rouge traffic. My commute to downtown BR from the Sherwood Forest area (if familiar) would take me roughly an hour to travel the 6 miles.

This was prior to the expansion but talk about a crawl!!!

Now in Houston, there are more of us but we do know how to crawl. I do my best to avoid the rush hour traffic times, but I'm not always successful.

I also like to stop at Darrell's in Lake Charles for one of the best poboys ever.

If you've not done that heading to/from Texas or the Lake Chuck area, give it a shot!