MacKenzie

Pork Steak and Fiddle Heads

This morning I was going to the farmers' market about an hour from me. I thought I'd put pork steak to sous vide and then it would be ready whenever I arrived home. 

Searing the steak on the KK, not hard to tell it was sous vide. ;)

5920ce487e161_SearingPorkSteak.thumb.jpg.b27ffb76690abd7c55baacd6762a08cb.jpg

Air fryer onion rings. warmed over air fried baked potato and steamed fiddle heads, a quick dinner for a hungry shopper. :)

5920ce3aeb5af_PorkSteakDinnerPlated.thumb.jpg.adff6cff8a2c2750366e1a789e7c3a79.jpg

5920ce3f6cb56_PorkSteakDinner.thumb.jpg.20b20a43c8dfb69287f3c13dc4c977c3.jpg

5920ce34b70ef_FiddleHeadDinner.thumb.jpg.ddb3930b7a755aeab2bb8e31e98a23de.jpg

• Like 4

And of course, the fiddle heads are from your garden?

I've never actually eaten them. But, I have a wonderful framed photo of them in my upstairs bathroom. It was the inspiration for the remodel - different shades of green for the tiles, counter top and wall paint. 

Keith, washed the potato, rubbed with oil puncture the skin with a shape knife. Air fry at 400F for 40 mins. flip and air fry 20 mins. more. Cut in half, scoop out the potato and mash, add 1 spoonfull of yogurt, some grated cheese( which I did not do today), chives and pepper. Put it back into the skin, top with cheese and put it back in the air fryer until the cheese melts or the top starts to brown, only take  a few mins. The onion rings are frozen onion rings and I just put them in the air fryer today at 375F for about 8 mins. flipped over about the half way mark. I doubt you could tell the difference between deep fried onion rings and these. :) 

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

I'm planning on baked spuds in mine tonight.

I do the Cooks Illustrated version - rolled the potato (russets) in heavily salted water to coat the outside. Then into a very hot oven (450F) or the air fryer at 390F, until the center hits 205F (about 30 minutes). Then take the potatoes out and brush them with oil (I'm becoming a big fan of red palm oil - another MacKenzie THANK YOU!); then back into the oven/air fryer for another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin. Key trick here - as soon as they come out of the oven/fryer the second time, cut a large X into the top of the potato and push the two ends toward each other to break open the potato and let the steam out. You get super fluffy insides and a crispy outside. Add your favorite toppings - I'm a butter and Boursin cheese with chives, kind of guy, with Purple Crack, of course!