DennisLinkletter

Hand Hammered Copper Cooker..

In the voice of Eric Cartman...

MUST.....

HAVE.....

KOPPER....

KOOKER....

But it's twharton's precious it is.

Will go great with the color scheme. Yeah...I can be kooking low and slow on Gigantor and steaks on Kopperhead. Thats the ticket.

So Dennis can you have it here by Christmas! :lol:

I can only look and long. I could never justify paying for the world's first $10,000.00 kamado. With the craftsmanship, cost of materials and sundry, it could cost $15,000.00. Yet, were I a wealthy man, as some of you are, I would "jump in it (sic)," to quote the micro-giraffe kissing Russian on the commercial who is such a lover of opulence. "Opulence. I has it (sic)." Dennis, maybe you could have a one year waiting list for this cooker, like a top Ferrari. I wonder if, subjectivity aside, foods would taste any differently when cooked in a hammered copper KK? Probably taste better...

Happiness does impart better flavors!

I'm confidant that food would taste better on a hand hammered Komodo..

We had about 6 different people say they could and fail miserably.. We heard about this old guy but he lives in the middle of nowhere about 6 hours from the factory and can not be motivated to move to the big city.. so he sits in his lil' shop and fixes old pots. He said with the spike in copper prices nobody ever orders copper pots from him. Making this top took three trips and the edge does not line up with the lip of the KK. I recently asked my office to look for a new craftsman restart the ball rolling..

;);)

The Zildjian cymbal artisans have a fairly high degree of automation in their factory and use a lot of specially made jigs to produce the large number of cymbals that they make daily. There is a certain amount of hand craftsmanship, but not the degree that Dennis is looking for. If I understand Dennis correctly, he is looking for a craftsman who can hammer the copper completely by hand. Dennis: two ideas. First, is it possible to visit the Zildjian factory to see their process firsthand and to brainstorm about how specialty jigs could be built to take some of the exacting craftsmanship out of the equation and allow for reproduction? Even with the jigs, there would be opportunities to preserve uniqueness in each KK. While there, you could pursue the possibility of having the jigs made by Zildjian and shipped to Indonesia. Second, is it possible to cast the copper cladding, by lost wax, for example, or by using a casting sand that I saw on the learning channel? Just some thoughts, which are probably without much merit, but I offered them anyway. Anton

Cymbals are easy squeezey

Cymbals are easy squeezey as my 5 year old Isla would say.. They are round and simple.. Probably made on a lathe over a mandrel.

On the other hand the OTB shape is complex and needs to be an exact size so it will fit into the mold base and line up with the lower.. It takes a master to do it correctly.. Many pieces are first welded together and then heated and hammered to shape..