Lance

16"TT dimensions not far from large bge.

I  could be wrong but with the exception of the egg lid, I  was measuring my egg against the 16TT on the website. Egg is 18", but the inside width of the fire ring is 16" leaving 2" overhang over the fire ring. 

The width and depth is not far off either. Didn't realize the 16TT was that big. Egg weighs almost 170lb. Versus 216lb.

Question: Has anyone went from a large egg to a 16TT. Please explain your experience or anything that I said that might be wrong. 

I still want the 32 but might start with the 16 if it's just a tad smaller than the egg. Thanks for any responses and for reading. 

• Like 2

I started with a 16" TT then bought a 19" TT. I love them both and use them all the time. I've never owned a BGE. With that said if I was to do this all over again I would go 19" TT then a 32".

Doing over for me is not an option. I'm out of space and depending on how I count them, I'm currently at 10 grills. Mrs skreef would most likely kill me if I bought another grill. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

I started with a 16" TT then bought a 19" TT. I love them both and use them all the time. I've never owned a BGE. With that said if I was to do this all over again I would go 19" TT then a 32".

Doing over for me is not an option. I'm out of space and depending on how I count them, I'm currently at 10 grills. Mrs skreef would most likely kill me if I bought another grill. 

On the other hand, one more grill is adding only 10% to the total. Why, that’s hardly anything at all! 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Pequod said:

On the other hand, one more grill is adding only 10% to the total. Why, that’s hardly anything at all! 😏

There's another grill or two I've been eyeing. If you can convince Mrs skreef of your idea I'm sure I can carve another spot out in the BBQ garden. 

Good luck B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1