Fish Taco

First Cook--6 pound butt

Okay Sanny. Here's the first cook...about 16 hours. Couldn't wait on the thermometer to arrive so I was winging it about temperatures and let her rip overnight.

Made a rub based on Pork Chop's recipe but put too much of the second level ingredients...forgot that "t" meant teaspoon rather than tablespoon...so that bark is pretty spicey. But, I like food that bites you back! Okay, maybe I over did it...but that's typical.

Pulled apart nicely. Dogs were hoping for a disaster...not this time.

Hopefully the pictures get in here.

Bob

KK007.jpg

Opportunists.jpg

Super.jpg

11pm.jpg

a joy forever

A thing of beauty!! Most excellent photos, thanks. Especially like the audience participation shot. :) You didn't say if it TASTED good!! Other than spicy. Did you like it? You gonna do it again, 3x a week?

What's the next cook? YAY!!!

Oh, your "audience" wanted me to tell you that some vets are recommending that people cook for their pets, in light of the pet food recall. A bit of bbq deliciousness would be just the thing. Since they should also have starch and veggies, your audience suggested you put a baked potato and roasted carrots, lightly seasoned, on with the meat next time. ;)

The butt was indeed tender and excellent tasting. Even the help got a reward for keeping an eye on things. :lol:

I have done chicken halves (ezque bracket was wrong so had to split the birdies), rib eyes and yes, fish tacos with grilled onions & peppers.

Been reading up on pizza dough.

Easter weekend...I sense a big cook comin'.

Great job Bob.

Thanks for sharing. Looks good, great pictures.

One of these days you won't need that thermometer in the last pic to tell you it's done. Watch the bone; it'll separate from the meat similar to how a rib does. You'll learn to get a feel for it. When you can wiggle the bone just right you'll know it's separated from the meat, butt's done.