PVPAUL

Steam Convection Oven

Hello Fellow KK owners, we are in the process of a kitchen remodel and have decided to include a Steam Convection oven as part of our project. I'm very excited to add this capability and have watched some youtube videos on it's capabilites. I'm curious to see if any of you here in the forum already own this technology and where and how you like to use this technology when cooking.  Techniques / styles / recipes etc.

All the best,

Paul

• Like 1

Paul we have a Siemens steam oven.
Although we don’t use it that often, they are excellent for proofing dough and particularly good with veges.
Vegetables spring to life after cooking in a steam oven and look like they were freshly picked that morning.
It takes a slight change of thinking with your cooks. My tip for you is take a few lessons( we didn’t)- maybe the supplier holds cooking lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basher, yes I would take lessons from supplier for sure, just not available during this time due to CV. They do have online cookbook, guidelines that I plan to download in anticipation of getting my oven up and running in May. The one we have on order is a "Wolf" brand which offers free cooking demonstrations along with all different types of food cooked on all of their products and they even served up wine. It was very nice and I would recommend to anybody considering Wolf appliances....obviously once CV is better. 

Yep Mac, I bet with all of those beautiful veggies you grow the steam oven would be desirable!

Best,

Paul