tlinder

BBQ Guru with KK

Hi, the guru people told me the inducer tube was 20 US$ and shipping 8 US$ (not bad to the land Down-Under). I just ordered via email with my shipping details and am now awaiting confirmation whether this was the correct way of ordering since as you said it's not listed on their website.

I ordered the Bulkhead inducer tube, for the convenience of not having to use a sealant. It stuck out about two inches too far (aesthetically). I cut it about 3/16 in. from the last snap ring groove. Then lathed it at a 30 degree angle (about 1/8 in.) The Guru fit in much more snug, as the original was bored at the end too thin. Couldn't be happier, and it doesn't look like a spaceship! :lurk: (had to try one of the new emoticons!)

You guys apparently have tools/toys to cut metal I don't!!

Just find the strongest rot-gut grain alcohol you can and suspend the tube in it overnight, but the morning the part you don't want will disappear and it only adds a slight metallic flavor to the rot-gut. :)

If you're patient a cheap hacksaw will do the job, but I'd recommend a Dremel tool as a more useful addition to your toolbox. Just mark up the tube first so you have a guide to cut with.

PaulR' date=' send me the tube, and I'll get er' done. I will hit you for REAL shipping also! Com'n folks. life is not this complicated![/quote']

Who said life was complicated? :?

I just wondered whether it would fit and how far it would "stick" out, I looked at the pictures in the Whiz's KK article and it showed the tube being fairly long (since I don;t have my KK yet I don't know how thick the wall is).

If you use the bulkhead inducer it has a snap ring with a choice three different positions on the tube. For the KK the ring has to be in the last groove (about 2 3/8" from the end) to accommodate the thickness of the wall. When you put it through the cooker, you simply screw the plate onto the tube and your ready to go. No sealant is required and the tube can be easily removed for cleaning or whatever. I cut mine back because I thought it looked stupid sticking out an extra two inches more than it needed to be. It works the same either way.