Trathor

Grate (and skin) cleaning question

Hey all. Had my 32” for several years now, and kinda struggle with an efficient way to clean the grill grates. I have used PBW, but struggled with trying to find a container that is big, flat and strong. (Water heater tray was too small, but an XL cement mixing pan is almost big enough.) 

i’m debating a wire rotary brush on a power tool if some sort, but thought I would check in here. 

also on the outside skin it’s pretty greasy/ black. Tried a few different products, but not in love with any of them. 

thanks for your thoughts!!  

21 hours ago, Trathor said:

also on the outside skin it’s pretty greasy/ black. Tried a few different products, but not in love with any of them. 

A few of us here are sold on ZEP 505 Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser.

I'm a homebrewer, so I always have PBW around. I use it mostly on cleaning the rotisserie gear (baskets, rods, forks) in a 5 gallon bucket. I use a Grill Floss to scrap the grates. I'm not fanatical about having shiny grates, just scrape the cooked-on bits off. Poochie's 5/8 wrench works, too. 

• Like 1