Rob.C

Help with identification

Hi Dennis, I just bought a speckled glass green 23" from 545 Lawrence Ave Westfield NJ. I'll leave the name off. The grill is very lightly used. The top 2 grills have never been used and the gas accessory is in original packaging. Please take a look and recommend any upgrades u thing are beneficial. There is minor cracking on the hoods lower back left. 

20230620_183323.jpg

20230620_183627.jpg

20230620_183359.jpg

20230620_183450.jpg

20230620_183342.jpg

20230620_183658.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, yes its in place now. i was playing with the gas burner to see how that fit. i have very minor grout craking on the back sides of the hood near the hinge. would you have and recommendation on how to address that does KK sell the green grout?

Thanks 

Rob

There is another thread on here somewhere that recommends a syringe of grout you can get off of Amazon to fill that crack. Just get it nice and warm and fill it and you should be good to go. No different that what most do after the initial venting. And i'd recommend getting the proper cover and keep it covered at all times while you are waiting to fix that grout. You don't want water getting in that crack and destroying the tile jacket. I wouldn't worry about using green grout, back there you'll never notice it. I'll see if i can find that other thread

Edit:

https://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/10673-fairly-significant-tears-in-grout/#comment-143535

Edited by C6Bill

On 6/22/2023 at 10:17 AM, DennisLinkletter said:

This grill was originally sold 07/05/2007
Please check if the top plate the latch is attached to is welded to the handle plate.
If not, we can update the latch.. But it looks in great condition and will perform beautifully.

Hi Dennis, i dont have a gasket on the base of my KK should there be one? the top gasket is good. If I can upgrade the latch i would like to do that too.  The KK came with a Round baking stone that fits perfectly into a stainless steel drip pan and i have a larger SS round drip pan too. were these offered from KK or are they after market. i would like to get the fitted pan and stone.

On 6/26/2023 at 10:29 PM, Rob.C said:

Hi Dennis, i dont have a gasket on the base of my KK should there be one? the top gasket is good. If I can upgrade the latch i would like to do that too.  The KK came with a Round baking stone that fits perfectly into a stainless steel drip pan and i have a larger SS round drip pan too. were these offered from KK or are they after market. i would like to get the fitted pan and stone.

Gasket:  If it's not leaking, I suggest leaving it alone for now.  
That was an early version of a heat deflector with a different density and heat transfer than the baking stone material.

We no longer suggest using solid objects to create indirect airflow..

Heat Deflectors.. I used to supply them because people coming from the glazed-pot Kamado world think they're very important.  The glazed-pot Kamados lose heat through their walls and having more thermal mass inside the grill helps reduce temperature drops when the ambient temperature changes.  Because KK's are so well insulated, this is not a factor. 

That being said I have not used the heat deflector in one of my grills for probably 15 years.  I'm confident that using foil to create your indirect area then putting your drip pan on top of the foil on the lowest grate gives you a much better performance.. i.e. less airflow, less evaporation, and more retained moisture in your meat.

https://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/10026-heat-deflectors-in-the-kk/?tab=comments#comment-121321

Both grill-shaped baking stones and drip pans are available on the website in the 23" grill accessories page.  

https://komodokamado.com/collections/23-ultimate/#related-collection-items  

• Like 2