Saucier

Greek Style Brined Chicken (was meant for spatchcocked, but I used cut up instead)

I hadn't done chicken in a long time, as was looking up some brines for spatchcocked. I came across THIS ONE  . Was kind of a lengthy prep, I did the 24 hour soak in the brine, then make the rub up but made a 1 1/2 x batch of it, because I was headed to the store to buy a whole chicken, but remembered I had some cut up legs and thighs in the freezer that needed to be cooked up. So after dumping the brine, and drying the pieces, I spread the "marinade"  all over the chicken parts and let them chill out for an hour or so.

Then prepped the grill up with a preheat to 440 dome, added some hickory smoking wood, and let it go on the upper rack just under the dome for about 45 min, pulling it off at 165 internal.  Let it rest for 10 min or so, and brushed with more honey and lemon juice.. I used more honey than it called for, because it tasted better..

OMG this stuff was amazing for sure !!  Well worth the effort!!

image.thumb.jpeg.467d597080fbd8a1af559d3978259044.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5a865b276cd6f8cf52991683573a90fb.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Saucier said:

Does that make it a FETish ?

To be determined, obviously it's not a toe but very close. Sometime those particular recipes should be approached with caution and never eat them 3x a week, you never know what a combo of spices might create. Rex Ryan of the Jets liked Mediterranean food,,, well you know the history. Moderation even with feta.

Edited by Tyrus
  • Haha 1