Mark Jacobs

Poor timing on my part

12 hours ago, Mark Jacobs said:

It would have been a perfect opportunity to have a block party and cook all the food before it spoiled.

I made my KK available to my neighbors when we got hit by the derecho and our power was out for almost a week. Fortunately, I had a couple of full bags of charcoal and several boxes of cocochar, as a back-up. Others in the neighborhood with grills pitched in, too. It was comforting knowing that we all could pitch in and help out anyway that we could. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 2

That's too bad Mark, I know the feeling. Returning from vacation after a weathr mishap we found the same. Homeowners insurance covers the loss or at least it did for us at the time some years back. Yes, it would have been nice to have the KK prior to your event, water under the bridge now. Buy a portable generator, Yamaha or Honda are both good and come in handy for running the frig or simple nescessities. We learn most times after the fact when seeing others prepared, no one expects the unexpected...,good luck.