ThreeDJ16

Recycled Shipping Container?

no way am i cooking my grub over "mystery wood"... howsomevar, my crate also seemed to be made from either oak or cedar (some deep red in there). the scrap is currently leaning against my shed in the back; been meaning to put it on the burn pile... altho, i still wouldn't cook over it; who knows what else has been adjacent/on it during shipping, etc. or what its sprayed with in transit to get rid of foreign "invaders".

Mine is plywood??

You go first :D

Dude, look at the uprights in the corners and the pallet underneath. But all of it is oak.

I know this is odd, but I like to burn smoke wood just chillin on the porch even if something is not cooking. Rather than burn my good stuff, I was thinking of using this. So, not really for food, just more for irritating the neighbors smelling that great smoke smell!!

-=Jasen=-

Im not sure i would put it in my grill...but would not have any issue at all burning it in my firepit.

Just burn it in the bottom half of the R2, and you dont have to worry about contaminating your grill...All those chemicals will dissipate before R2 gets any more use! :D

Mine will be thoroughly fumigated (by the aussie immigrations dept (no reference to customs! ;) ) so I doubt I'll be using any of it on Aussie Blue.