gotwood

Building New Deck......plank spacing question

I'm going to be building a wooden/compose deck...I will be buying one of the Gen II cookers.

I dont really know the diameter of the wheels on the units and am wondering how close the spacing needs to be so the tires dont get hung up in them or they dont bounce too much.

Are the tires rubber or hard plastic??

Re: Building New Deck......plank spacing question

I'm going to be building a wooden/compose deck...I will be buying one of the Gen II cookers.

I dont really know the diameter of the wheels on the units and am wondering how close the spacing needs to be so the tires dont get hung up in them or they dont bounce too much.

Are the tires rubber or hard plastic??

I think the tires are rubber. My porch has the boards with maybe 1/4 inch between them and it was fine. Of corse, it ain't moving around much I pretty much have it where it will stay.

You might want to put your KK on a solid surface on top of the deck. Grease splats, etc. A mat, or even square of outdoor plywood. Just my thought. Nasty to get your deck all soiled. Also, avoid burn marks if a coal falls out.

Mine's on concrete, so what do I know? :)

Curly is a tidy kinda fella, so he's ok on planking. And he has Chubby to clean up after him, after all. :wink::grommit:

Re: Building New Deck......plank spacing question

Make sure you check the specs on your framing lumber, watch your span per the dimension of joist and spacing. I certainly wouldn't go over 16" centers and may want to consider 12". This is a substantial dead load on a very small footprint, build accordingly, then enjoy! :)

12" centers 2x8 joists i would like to use 2x10 but cant

does kk make units without wheels?? without the wide base??

I wouldnt mind building a custom raised platform to plop it into.

Dennis might make one without the base if you asked. The base is sort of a seperate piece that is bolted on and then tiled over with the rest...or textured over.

Sorry about this delay..

12" centers 2x8 joists i would like to use 2x10 but cant

does kk make units without wheels?? without the wide base??

I wouldnt mind building a custom raised platform to plop it into.

I'm happy to accommodate in any way possible..

The cooker would have four bolts to secure it to your base.

;)

Doing a humpty dumpty on you and tipping over.

what I am talking about is more of a platform with a circular or formed hole in it so the KK would rest inside it....

i.e no legs needed

It's going to need to be secured/bolted down. Would not want it doing a humpty dumpty on you and tipping over.

;)