U2PLT

Weber indirect cooking in a KK?!

it's direct with a drip pan for browning..

I am curious, how different are the results from this verses just using a heat deflector?

-=Jasen=-

Because it's direct heat with a drip pan for browning your birdies..

I love it!

Yup, I'll definitely need to fabricate something to put the heat on the sides.

In the past, I've cooked until most of the fat rendered off indirect and then direct to brown the birdies..

This is much better..

Thanks for the great idea.

;)

Is It Different

I had a WEBER Kettle over 20 years ago and used those charcoal side mounted holders for ribs, and chicken. They never got direct flames and really came out great. After I got my KK with the Roti attachment I tried banking the fire along the back side and got a nice result. So I ordered a pair of the WEBER holders and they left a 10" wide space which is wider than the 6" or 8" EZ-Q baskets. I did this because it reminded me of my previous efforts and also really browns up nicely. Dennis you could really make some nice SS ones that fit perfectly along the back and front; and with your improved shapes increase the amount of Lump we could load in them. I intend to try this for low and slow indirect for spare ribs, brisket, & pork buts once I get my new improved ones from Dennis. You could make them with SS sheet and punch out slots on the front & I will bet cheaper than making welded ones. Can not wait for your next improvement. Do I get the first pair for a Beta Test??????

I am curious, how different are the results from this verses just using a heat deflector?

-=Jasen=-

Bump. I Guess I'm slow, but how is this direct heat any more than the heat coming around the deflector direct heat :roll:

I still don't know yet either Curly. Maybe because of the spacing and distance, you get some direct heat along with the indirect that provides browning, but not enough to burn?? Though I have never had a problem browning or burning with my pizza stone in place. But hey, it looks cool; I will have to try it and see I guess.

-=Jasen=-