Tucker

Lead Time from Order to receive

Depends if you order from stock (some on each coast) or from Indonesia. If from USA stock, it's a matter of days. If from the factory, then it takes a bit longer.

Did you look at the inventory here in USA?

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1158

Also, take a look at what's on the water coming into USA.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1869&highlight=

"a little longer" if not in US.

What is "a little longer" that has been experienced?

3months

6months

9months

I think any time more than that quoted by Amphoran would be more a function of getting a "shipment" together than actually making the color you want.

I can't imagine any scenario that would exceed 2 months. Look at the stock pictures, you can see all kinds/colors in various states of production in the background. The pipeline appears to be populated, business appears to be brisk!! Pick a color and pull the trigger, if you are like me, you can lurk and ponder, then when I decide, I want it the same day! I think a stock unit could be to most any US destination within 1 week! The other times (6 - 9 months) that would be some other company. :roll:

Lead time from order to receive

Tucker,

I ordered my OTB Gen II Ultimate Black/Black on June 5, 2007. I received delivery on August 23, 2007. A total of 79 days from order to receipt. My cooker was not available stateside. It was custom built in Indonesia and shipped to California and then to my home in Las Vegas, Nevada. I was surprised and happy with a quicker delivery then I had anticipated. If you send Dennis an email I am sure he can give you a good estimate of current delivery times.

Hey Sanny even though I don't count I will offer up anyway. ;):D

I shipped my own tile to Dennis about April 25, and received my BBQ here in Calif about July 11 or 12, so about 10 weeks. At that time there were 4 or 5 customs in the pipeline ahead of me. Mine also arrived in the US around July 4 and did not get through customs quickly due to the holiday.

So probably mine would be like the longer case scenario depending on what you pick.

I think most of the colors are in stock here in the US or on their way on a ship. At one point Dennis had posted that the ships generally depart every Friday and take about 21 days to reach the Calif port. Customs can take up to a week, and then the trucking time to the destination. Timing would be somewhat different from the east coast, but not by many days.

The classic style is special order only, and the textureds are not currently in production .... at least the last I heard.

I cancelled my order with the 'competitor' after a year. They 'lost' my tile selection two different times but could not bother to call me. They had lots of excuses, all of them BS. And to hear those pathetic excuses and lies, I would have to call dozens of times as they would never return a call or email.

Moral to my story is you are in the right place, and the sooner you decide and narrow the variables, the sooner Dennis delivers. The hard part is deciding what you want....then it seems like torture waiting for it.

Arrival Time

I ordered mine from stock in LA, the first trucker assigned would not pick up a cantainer that had openings(need these to get thru customs). Dennis called me and appologized an said he had new trucker coming the next day.

It arrived in Dallas,TX within 3 days, and they deliver to my area which is 70miles north of Dallas on certain days. It was 2 days before they delivered.

The shipping container was in perfect condition, because Dennis really ships in a strong system.