Breech

Knife Deal

]

Here is a sharpener that a lot of people swear by. I am going to get this setup.

http://www.edgeproinc.com/

That is what I use and love it. I don't have the pro model, but rather the apex model and it works perfect. The edge will scare you it is so sharp.

Personally, any powered type sharpeners like in the posts above, are never coming near my knives. I have tried the Chef's pro and was unsatisfied with the results.

-=Jasen=-

My sister used to sell Cutco so I bought a few from her, I actually like mine by my wife doesn't like the handle and the Shun's mokume blades are "pretty". Cutcos supposedly have a better than lifetime warranty where they'll sharpen or replace them even if you're not the original owner.

Actually, the knives really do have good warranty. I don't like the "new" Cutco handles. The old ones were hand shaped. New ones have geometric pieces on them. Maybe those are modern and all, but I like the old ones with smooth hand places.

My mother has a set, and she broke the blade of the paring knife. Gotta new one. None of Gramma's set is broken, but the "serrated" utility knife is really narrow now, from being sharpened so many times. I say "serrated" because there's no hint of serration anymore.

I've heard bamboo is a bad choice for cutting boards due to the hardness that it really tends to be hard / bad on the knives' date=' requiring frequent sharpening....[/quote']

Kershaw Shun

14 x 14-in. Bamboo Cutting Board

Kershaw's 14 x 14-in. Bamboo Cutting Board is a superior cutting board with a surface that is 16% harder that maple, allowing for less cutting marks. Bamboo is fast being recognized as a superior surface for food preparation. It's easy to clean and stain resistant. Plus, its natural hardness means it resists knife marks and retains its handsome appearance even under consistent use. Along with the hard surface, bamboo doesn't absorb moisture, ensuring that your board will maintain its shape with washing, time and time again. Not only is bamboo an ideal working surface for cutting, it's a safe and ecological choice. Bamboo is a grass, not a wood that grows quickly and replenishes itself.

Kershaw Knives, Ltd. designs and manufactures tools that customers are proud to own, carry, and use. Since 1974, Kershaw's dedication to quality has led to a worldwide reputation for performance and innovation. From state-of-the-art manufacturing to advanced materials, customers rely on Kershaw for products that provide "Technology with an Edge."

I have one and like it very much.