billyg

another satisfied customer

I think the reason people are giving praise is because the company is located in Indonesia and 99.9 % of the people can't use a kamado before they buy one so other members of the forum are giving praise in order to help others feel comfortable with the purchase. I agree with you Gerard that a good company is suppose to retrurn phone calls, respond to e-mails, and stand behind their product and warranty and that constant praise of this kind of customer care is something that we shouldn't have to talk about. However, if it wans't for this forum and doing my homework online (ebay feedback) etc... I would still be on the fence about this product. I think over time these kind of posts will go away and will occasionally be asked by a new potential customer. I am looking foward to more posts about cooking tips and recipes but am patient, afterall this is a brand new forum and a new company so these kinds of things are going to be discussed anyway.

regards,

BillyG

When I got my new firebox it was cracked in more pieces than the old one, but at least they use chicken wire now (or something) so that it was not literally in pieces. When I sent pics of the "just recieved" broken firebox, I was told that the magic powder was on the way that will fix the NEW broken firebox. I got the magic powder but haven't put it on yet. I may do that this week if I can make myself not cook one night :lol:

TNW,

I think Dennis should give you an OTB and a Classic so that you could put the 2 cookers through sid-by-side testing on ribs, pork butts, pizza, etc. I really want to find out if the OTB performs better because of the top damper being set back off center like it is.

Not sure I'd pay that much extra to get the off kilter look UNLESS it had a TNW approval rating of 4.75 or better :lol:

Course you would have to send them both back after all of the testing was done, unless you can keep coming up with more needed tests that really need to be run. Which I doubt will be much of a problem given the fact that you are The Naked Whiz