AussieBBQqueen

G'day from Canberra Australia

Hello,

just wanted to introduce myself, I am a new convert to the komodo and while I havent purchased yet I am in the process of deciding which model would be best for us and what colour to get (its worse than choosing shoes!!)

I am your typical Aussie working mum who is not typical in that the BBQ is my domain (not hubby's as is common in our culture). I grew up with BBQ (Dad is a madly passionate Spaniard who LOVES BBQ and since I had no brothers I was the chosen one to continue the tradition.

I love BBQ'ing ribs both American and Argentinian beef styles, whole hogs and piglets and prawns..of course.

I look forward to sharing my "KK" journey with you all..

ps: any advice prior regarding best model before I purchase would be most apreciated.

cheers

ABBQQ

:P

Welcome aboard! Isn't "madly passionate Spaniard" a bit redundant? :)

All the KK models are very nice and share a lot of design features. I'd go for at least the Supreme to get the high end stainless, but remember that this will outlast most other solutions so don't be afraid to spend a little extra. I hate knowing there's a better model with more features that I could have had so I'm an Ultimate kind of guy, but the reality is that all four models will cook equally well. You've probably seen the comparison table here.

You're just in time for cheaper shipping to Australia, but watch out for those drop bears!

Welcome aboard...the more KK's down-under the better.. :D

Any model KK would be great (I saw Dennis was buidling a smaller model as well).

Just one tip make sure you not what you're up for re import costs; they are steep!! (well can be steep) :?