DennisLinkletter

AU Leg of Lamb - Redux

Really liked the first leg of lamb I did a while back and lots of people wrote they followed suit and loved it too..

So when I saw this big fat leg, it was time to do it again but throw in a few new twists..

First a few slits thru the fat..

AUlegLamb.jpg

Then I made many punctures with this small knife to later fill with the herb paste. I made about 10 holes.. about pinkey size.

AUlegLamb1.jpg

Fresh rosemary, mint, Coriander, basil, thyme, garlic, young onion shoots, lemon zest, sun-dried chilies, lemon zest and juice, balsamic vinegar, lil splash of worcester sauce, olive oil and salt all chopped up..

AUlegLamb2.jpg

AUlegLamb4.jpg

Smelled amazing.. really special using fresh herbs.

AUlegLamb5.jpg

AUlegLamb5a.jpg

AUlegLamb6.jpg

Was not sure how to cut it off the bone and sorta a made a lot of scrappy lil bits.. I'm sure there is a better way but it still tasted great..

AUlegLamb7.jpg

It ran with the beef ribs at 225º with hickory to almost 4.5 hours.. pulled it out at about 140º.. It could have been a lil earlier for me but everyone here wants it more on the medium side...

Hmm. I'm thinkin your cholesterol is off the charts. :) You sure do a lot of meat eating!

But that looks lovely. I love the look of the seasoned crust!

I've never been a lamb fan, though. As I've posted before, probably from years of Grandma's house for leg of lamb and fluorescent green mint jelly. Bleh.

Maybe if someone gave me some like YOU made, I'd change my mind. :shrug:

Well we all have to die from something,for me,it's what's for dinner;and lunch and breakfast for that matter.

Next time you're in the Chicago area you will see(and taste) what I mean. And bring your little dog too!You can meet the family including Shaggy. He's dumber than a box of rocks,but we love him! Speaking of boxes here is a link to a better description of a males brain full of boxes