cruzmisl

Should I upgrade my BBQ Guru?

Tobias' date=' just got my Guru, everything looks in great condition,except the probe wires look as though they have been cooked. Will they still function, or should I call Shotgun Fred for a replacement? I would have bought this anyway for the price, no worry.Thank you once again[/quote']

Sorry, that I did not wright back earlier, but I'm on a roadtrip at the moment and don't have internet access everywhere. I did not realize, that the wires didn't look good anymore. The probes worked still fine the last time I used them and I can't remember ever using them with too much temp. Could you please test them with boling water if everything still works fine. If not please tell me and I will give you a refund.

No refund needed, the wires look as if they were heated to a point where the insulation started to bead up in spots. Haven't tested them yet, we are putting in a new floor at the shop( my knees are killing me). Also having a dick-ins of a time sliding the adapter tube in the opening. I don't think it's gonna fit, I've tried lubricating it and sliding it in but it gets stuck. When I tried to remove it the whole outer plate seemed to loosen up. Thanks to this forum I tapped out the plug from the outside in or I would have knocked the outer plate off. The hole is noticeably larger in diameter than the opening of the outer plate. So unless somebody has a better idea I will probably just remove the plate and use some fireplace cement to reinstall it once I get the darned tube inserted.

Also having a dick-ins of a time sliding the adapter tube in the opening. I don't think it's gonna fit' date=' I've tried lubricating it and sliding it in but it gets stuck. When I tried to remove it the whole outer plate seemed to loosen up. Thanks to this forum I tapped out the plug from the outside in or I would have knocked the outer plate off. The hole is noticeably larger in diameter than the opening of the outer plate. So unless somebody has a better idea I will probably just remove the plate and use some fireplace cement to reinstall it once I get the darned tube inserted.[/quote']

So if it is just the outer plate opening you are having trouble with, why not just slip the adapter tube into the hole from the inside of the KK? I think there have been one or two people who did say they just filed the outer plate opening a little.

-=Jasen=-

Tobias, the Guru you sold me seems to function fine, I took DJ's advise and bought a length of insulating sleeve material from Mcmaster-Carr. no more fried probe wires for me! I made it long enough so that I can tuck the temp probe inside when not in use, I could also just slide it outside the KK. I did file down the outer plate, tube slips in just fine now !

Tobias' date=' the Guru you sold me seems to function fine, I took DJ's advise and bought a length of insulating sleeve material from Mcmaster-Carr. no more fried probe wires for me! I made it long enough so that I can tuck the temp probe inside when not in use, I could also just slide it outside the KK. I did file down the outer plate, tube slips in just fine now ![/quote']

Thank you for the info. I'm happy that it works now for you.

Enjoy your BBG Guru!

Tobias