Conodo12

Forum Slowing Down?

Anybody else notice that the KK Forum seems to be slowing down a bit? Some posts that I select just hang there with an empty screen and "Transferring data from www.komododamado.com" in my progress window. Ultimately the progress window reads "Done" and there is nothing there. Here's a post that does it regularly for me:

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2273

Please let the Mods know if you are experiencing slow downs - Thanks!

Deej - do you think all three of us need to clear our cache?

Very well could be as it is common. Your cache stores web page data that could be outdated and is not refreshing properly. And sometimes it could just be PFM too. ( :lol: for those who get it) Either way, not much I can do about it.

-=Jasen=-

Deej - do you think all three of us need to clear our cache?

Very well could be as it is common. Your cache stores web page data that could be outdated and is not refreshing properly. And sometimes it could just be PFM too. ( :lol: for those who get it) Either way, not much I can do about it.

-=Jasen=-

Well, I have tried 2 workstations at home (1 Windows, 1 Linux) and 3 workstations at work (2 windows, 1 Linux) and all have the same problem. Some threads will not open, just sits for a while then comes up blank. I even tried clearing my cache. Wonder if the webserver needs its http service restarted.

aV4_nf0.jpg

Was slow earlier. Fine now. Hey, it's at a shared hosting place - probably on a shared server. Nothing wrong with that - it's an economical and effective way to go. But when anyone on the server gets hammered, everyone gets hammered.

For me, it was loading a page but there was no content. My money is on a temporary problem with the database backend.

Only thing about most of these theories is that not everyone is having an issue. I might could believe an intermittent server slowdown. But I have had no issues which leads me to believe individual issues or ISP issues.

I am however curious of one thing. The threads some of you are having issues with, do they contain images? I know in the past, some people have trouble with the image hosting server loading.

-=Jasen=-

Wonder if the webserver needs its http service restarted.

:D Said the network engineer while trying not anger the admin :P

I would go with linuxwrangler, about an intermittent issue with the DB connection rather than local cache. But since it is intermittent (I have had no issues, and could not replicate the problem) maybe this site is hosted on a cluster, and only one box has a problem communicating with the backend?

We can guess all day long, but hopefully the server(s) refreshed overnight and now its all better.