bobvoeh

I can almost smell it !!!

I know the feeling---did you tell the trucking co to have a pallet jack on the truck?? I told mine when they called ---good thing cause they wouldn't have had it otherwise---hope to see some pics of your endeavors :!:

Well, its been booked and supposed to be picked up today, I have not received the phone call yet, but I will ask them about the jack when they do call, thanks for the tip. If not, my friend has a heavy duty hand truck, we'll get it to the back yard !!!

I know the feeling---did you tell the trucking co to have a pallet jack on the truck?? I told mine when they called ---good thing cause they wouldn't have had it otherwise---hope to see some pics of your endeavors :!:

Well, its been booked and supposed to be picked up today, I have not received the phone call yet, but I will ask them about the jack when they do call, thanks for the tip. If not, my friend has a heavy duty hand truck, we'll get it to the back yard !!!

It was very easy to get off- after unhooking the legs from the pallet so it could roll I took the 2x4 off one side underneath---then just guided it off the pallet onto my pavers---have fun

It was very easy to get off- after unhooking the legs from the pallet so it could roll I took the 2x4 off one side underneath---then just guided it off the pallet onto my pavers---have fun

Good thing is, my friend with the hand truck also happens to by my IT director, so the day the KK gets delivered, we will both be heading to my house so he can help me move it. And of course picking up some liquid refreshment along the way. Can you say short work day? :lol:

I'd have some meat already seasoned and ready to go' date=' so you can fire it up as soon as it arrives. We hate delayed gratification![/quote']

Reading the manual it says to cook for the first 24hours at around 200 degrees so I'm thinking a brisket might be the first cook. Its been about 12 years since I did one of those.

A brisket out of the chute is going straight to the big leagues! Pork shoulders are much more forgiving, and will also get you much of the way through that break in. A forgiving cut is a good thing if this is you first time at the helm of a ceramic grill. Its easy to figure out, but a shoulder will survive a temperature spike, or any of the other things people experience while climbing the learning curve, much better than a brisket will.

My advice, pork shoulders first cook, ribs second cook, and then go to town with whatever you are in the mood for :D

BTW, there is no law that says there needs to be food in there for the whole 24 hour break-in cook, so you could just let it burn after you remove your first cook and be searing steaks on day 2.

My advice, pork shoulders first cook, ribs second cook, and then go to town with whatever you are in the mood for :D

BTW, there is no law that says there needs to be food in there for the whole 24 hour break-in cook, so you could just let it burn after you remove your first cook and be searing steaks on day 2.

His cooker has been pre-burned in at the factory.. except for the initial burning plaster smell which does not last long the new KOmodos are ready to go out of the crate..

That sounds like good advice. I'll stick to a pork butt for first low and slow, been there done that more than a few times, so should be a good starter for me on the KK.

His cooker has been pre-burned in at the factory.. except for the initial burning plaster smell which does not last long the new KOmodos are ready to go out of the crate..

Now that is good news, I see some beer and Delmonico's on homecoming night !! :occasion5:

I THOUGHT that whole break in thing was unique to Some Other Company. Good to know I was right. :)

I thought so too, but I was deferring to the manual. Since I have never seen it, I didn't want to contradict it :D

I wish I had done an extended break in on my "other cooker". Maybe with a 4 or 5 year 250 degree speed limit (which I would still be respecting) it would have kept the thing from getting cracks all over it, and then all I would have to worry about are loose tiles (and stuck damper tops) :twisted:

In the spirit of disclosure, the above statement reflects my experience with a POSK, not my KOmodo.