steve333

Help with leak

Hi does any one know how to adjust the left side of a KK , mine leaks bad and i adjusted the front latch , it helped a little but way to much smoke still escapes from the left side . I did the paper test , and the slips of paper slide out easy. Not sure Dennis will call or not , have trouble communicateing with Dennis.

How to adjust a very early OTB

Hello Steve,

Was not online much, just back from a long three day holiday weekend here. Your cooker is a very early OTB with the plate stainless hinge.

The top half of the hinge has it's holes elongated left to right, the lower half has it's holes elongated vertically.

Your cookers gasket was not pre-crushed/broken down in the factory as we now do. They are folded in half and loose more than 50% of their thickness. That's why you cooker probably did not leak at first and as the gasket got thinner it started to leak.

Try first just loosening just 4 (or maybe 5) bolts on the top part of the hinge.

This will let the higher side down, you will need to jiggle you cooker a bit.

I'll try calling you some more.

NOTE: Only early Komodos from about 2 years ago and before have this gasket and leaking problem. New gaskets are now rolled in a machine to make them thin from the git go.