cruzmisl

Pork butt - bone in or not?

Re: Hey I've never cooked with a bone in!

Oh well.. if you only told me up front you have wimpy lightweight bones..

:lol::lol:

Dennis, had we known we were talking about your bones, we would have agreed with you. Obviously fossilized bones would conduct better! hahahaha :D:eek::lol::shock: Happy D'day again...hehe!

-=Jasen=-

Bone in always equals more flavor!!!

This is my first post on this forum after enjoying it for some time. Bone-in equals better taste, regardless of the meat or the cut. Consider a good porterhouse vs a KC strip and/or a filet. The KC strip and the filet are good, but if you do not wind up picking up the bone from the porterhouse and eating the meat from the bone then you either have no taste for beef or you did not get a good steak. A porterhouse is meant to be finished with the hands just as sushi and fried chicken are finger food.

The same is true for rib-eyes vs cowboy rib-eyes, chicken breast, ham and even fish. Mother nature designed it that way and you should never fool with mother nature. :lol::lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have a ceramic cooker that I purchased this spring - a BGE. I had not heard of KK when I pulled the trigger and bought a medium egg, table, ci grate, etc. I am enjoying it and putting it to good use. This forum is great since it does not worry about what you own, but rather how you put it to good use.

Firemonkey, do you know anyone with a loading dock? I would like to get some of the new extruded coconut charcoal, but do not need 600 lbs worth.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have a ceramic cooker that I purchased this spring - a BGE. I had not heard of KK when I pulled the trigger and bought a medium egg' date=' table, ci grate, etc. I am enjoying it and putting it to good use. This forum is great since it does not worry about what you own, but rather how you put it to good use. [/quote']

I have 2 friends at work who have BGE's and I have learned much about ceramic cooking from them. We are one big happy BBQ family !!!