Jackie from Jersey

Started the weekend off with a bang...

Re: Started the weekend off with a bang...

The burner was out. I go back inside & my husband goes to relight the gas burner...& opens the kooker. Lo & behold it was filled with gas' date=' well yuh! It was quite the bang & fireball I hear. [/quote']

If you using the burner just to start charcoal, don't close the lid. If you do close the lid, make sure you have the top damper open at least one turn. Also make sure your burner door is open a couple inches. And before you relight the burner, make sure you open everything up for a little while to air out.....hehe..obviously.

But, provided nobody got seriously hurt, it sure is a funny story.

Sounded like everything turned out good. BTW, on the DigiQII, push in the probes till you hear them click.

-=Jasen=-

Well the day was not a complete loss if the porterhouse was great and the pulled pork was also good. And, Sanny lives closet to you and likely would help you eat whatever is left of the steak and/or pulled pork. BTW, the latch has two position; the first is a good place to 'burp' the KK and not have flames greet a loved one. I know that you will be useing your KK everyday this Our KK is nicknamed 'The Dragon' in honor of 'Komodo' and the beige tile work of art that makes it look like a dragons egg; the heat on the inside is what makes the Dragon really good considering that the outside stay cool most of the time.

And' date=' Sanny lives closet to you and likely would help you eat whatever is left of the steak and/or pulled pork. ..[/quote']

Not that I wouldn't love to share! But I think the honor of "closest" is probably JDBower, and JoeNY!

She's up at the intersection of NY/PA/NJ.

I'm way down at the intersection of PA/NJ/and almost DE.