Pyro

Central FL Pallet Share

I might be a player at the lower prices. Of course, the shipping is still going to be as much as the charcoal...

Dennis, what the shipping to Orlando for 600 and 1000#

600 to terminal is going to be $158 or 26¢ lb

1,000 to terminal is going to be $218 or 21¢ lb

So much less than you expected.. Should I rise the price of the charcoal?

:lol::lol:

Let's Get It Done!

As I understand the situation as of now, we have four of us who want to go in on this. (Don, Tucker, Firemonkey and me-Pyro). To get to the 600 pounds we would need to order twenty-eight cases or seven each. The cost breakdown for this order would be:

Charcoal $338.80

Shipping 117.86

Pallet load & shrink-wrap 27.50

Warehouse in/out fees 15.00

Total $499.16

Cost per case $17.82

Cost for each of us $124.79

There is always something you forget to account for, so plan on $150 each. This is a bargain that we not likely to come across again. While this may not be ‘the good stuff’, it is certainly better than any other extruded charcoal available today. If you doubt that, please note that The Naked Whiz has been trying to get a pallet started for North Carolina. If this stuff is good enough for TNW, it is good enough for me.

If the other three of you agree, I will find out about the details including what terminal it will be shipped to and how long we have to pick it up. Once we have decided to ‘go’, I will send the necessary check/checks and collect from each of you upon arrival. I can borrow a pickup truck to carry the stuff, but cannot load/unload w/o help.

Let me know what you want to do. I can handle eight or ten boxes but not a full pallet load.

Wayne

Do we have enough to get the 1000/lb pallet?

The pallet itself is 45 pounds, so that leaves 955# or 44 boxes to reach the 1000# threshold, and reduced shipping.

That is 12.10 plus 4.62 shipping/box plus 1 pound of shipping (.21) for the pallet weight = $16.93 box

.63 per box for shrink wrap

.17/box in/out fees (is that 7.50 each way, or total. If each, double the amount)

So that looks like 17.73/box grand total if we go for 44 boxes - slightly less per box if we get more.

12 boxes is no problem here, and maybe a few more if necessary. Anyone else interested in upping their volume? I emailed a couple of others who may join in, too.

BTW, if anyone else wants to get involved, i think Dennis said the max pallet was like 2000 pounds!

At the moment we have 36 boxes (per my calculation). We are well over the 600 lb threshold and within eight boxes of the 44 needed for the 100lb pallet. I have sent out a couple of e-mails myself. Let's try to put this to bed by Wednesday morning. I will up my order, if needed.

Over the Top!!

Here is the count as I have it:

Turtle - 15 boxes

tcoliver - 5 boxes

Don - 10 boxes

FireMonkey - 12 boxes

Pyro - 10 boxes

Don - 10 boxes

Tucker - 7 boxes

Total - 69 Boxes

Please let me know of any mistakes I have made or any changes desired by Wednesday afternoon. We are well over the 1,000 pound discount point (by more than 500 pounds). I will place the order on Wednesday and let everyone know when it is coming in, where and how much via this thread.

Wayne :o