Curly

Welcome Tlinder

Yeah, welcome aboard, Tlinder.

Question: From your profile:

"Interests: IT (Apple), Bentriding, Snowboarding, BBQ"

What is Bentriding? Is that riding something while bent? If so, that Jasen's been bentriding in his pickup for years. Didn't know it was a sport. :P

What is Bentriding? Is that riding something while bent? If so, that Jasen's been bentriding in his pickup for years. Didn't know it was a sport. :P

Hehe - play nice; your just jealous I got my own sport in Switzerland! :lol:

Thank you for your welcome message. I just ordered a terra blue classic supreme and hope to get it soon (can't wait!!!).

Dennis is completly right, bentriding is riding a recumbent bike. I have a superlight beauty of a carbon low racer from Velokraft (probably the equivalent to Komodo grills in the recumbent bike world):

http://www.linder.li/Site/Velokraft.html

Greetings, tlinder

Re: Welcome Tlinder

Tlinder,

Welcome to the forum. Please share some of your cooking secrets, what you cook, how you cook, and what you cook on. What are some Swiss dishes and recipes?

Thanks,

Curly

You have to be patient with me because I'm currently very busy (my first son was born 8 weeks ago). I will sure publish some nice recipes in the future. My father (died 6 Years ago) was considered as the bbq god here in Switzerland and I still have quiet an amount of his recipes writen down somewhere.

Greetings, tlinder

Tlinder,

We will be patient, just stay on the board, we need the Swiss influence :lol:

Was your father from South Carolina? Just wondering, that's where BBQ God's all come from :D

Oh yeah, congratulations on your choice :shock:

No, he was from Appenzellerland (a very remote and rural part of Switzerland). Problably they had no electicity there, when he grew up :-)

Originally he was a butcher, but he was always in experimenting with food. There was nothing he did not put on the grill. He has organized thousands of bbq happenings in Germany and Switzerland. Is favorite grill was the Oklahoma Joe.

A very simple one was his "Banana flambé" dessert:

After a great bbq evening, when there is almost no heat left, you but for each guest a very ripe banana on the grill.

When the bananas are completly black, you but the bananas one fireproof plate and cut a long slit from the beginning to the end of each banana

Put a few spoons of brown sougar over the bananas

Pour Orange Brandy (45% or more) over the bananas and set the whole thing on fire. Take a spoon and pour the burning brandy again over the bananas

Serve the bananas in the peel together with vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

Tobias

Man I hate ya'll. I try to add some humor to a thread and you just bust my chops. I'm gonna start my own forum...the Curly-Que forum, ya'll ain't invited :x

Yes, my wifes ancestors came over on the Mayflower from Rome and settled here. They brought many cobblestones and created the first bent bike.