DennisLinkletter

Snuck into the country..

With the move, all my unfinished business and my son in a new school I decided against bring the family to the States as I had planned the end of this month. But the more I thought about it the more I realized I did not want to miss my 30th high school reunion in Laguna Beach. So last minute, I bought a ticket and even later (3 days before) I bought a ticket for Isla my now almost 3 year old daughter. Yup, just daddy and Isla flew last Wednesday night into LA. Dropped in and stayed with my 96 and 94 year old grandparents, they were more than pleased to see me and my lil' one.

Let me tell you nothing like having a lil girl sleep 8 hours in your lap to make you sore. The new 747-400 seats were a nightmare.. some genius design/engineer team (NOT) came up with the less than brilliant plan to make the back of the chair solid and have the seat slouch/slide forward.. the end result is that your hips move forward, you drop a bit but you don't lean back at all.. Great because you don't have the seat in front of you in your face but terrible because you don't really take any weight off your neck. Ok enough bitching about the plane but it make the 22 hours traveling less than comfortable.

I'm in Corona del Mar with my momma who is having a great time with Isla, I've been going to multiple reunion activities.. I'll be in the States until Wednesday night.. gotta cook a tri tip while over here.

I'm having a great time showing off my little girl..

;);)

Welcome home Dennis, I'm sure your Mom is in her glory. Have fun with your reunion activities, Golf outing, parties on the beach, bonfire, I'm sure there's a BBQ goin on somewhere, and with your backround I bet you've been put to work! I had a great time at my reunion, but couldn't wait to get back "home". Sometimes things remembered are best just remembered! If you have a free moment give me a call,has to be cheaper than the last two!

Back home..

I'm back home but been sleeping much too much and have never felt jet lag like this especially going west. One catches up a little more than one hour per day so I had not caught up before I turned around and came back which has turned out to be tough.

Isla was a champ but of course it's tough to explain to a 3 year old why she feels awake at 1 am. Tough to get her to lay down and try to sleep when she says "But daddy I'm not tired"

Her great grandparents and grandmother were very happy to see her.

The reunion was great, although it's split about 50-50 between people you immediately recognize and ones that even while looking at their name tag and photo of them when they were 17-18 still could not see them in the face before you..

A few surprises but pretty much what I expected. Laguna beach is the smallest public high school in So CA and I know everyone in my class (208) relatively well.

Old flames... yes a few, if I was single, only 3 or 4 ladies would show up on my radar these days..

I won the came the farthest award, of course..

;);)

Re: Back home..

Isla was a champ but of course it's tough to explain to a 3 year old why she feels awake at 1 am. Tough to get her to lay down and try to sleep when she says "But daddy I'm not tired"

;);)

That's why they make benedryl. Saved more than one jet lagged night for me, that's for sure.

In my early dad days.. someone recommended Benadryl/Diphenhydramine as a sleep aid but when I Googled it I found recommendations against as well as well as warnings against for kids under 12.

There are not a lot of adult medications that one can give to a 3 year old.

Just as Ritalin (an amphetamine) calms children, Antihistamines can cause excitability, go figure..

What did we al do P.M.?

(pre-Google;-)