primeats

Things went a little fowl today!

Ronnie_Suburban's Post

I stopped by Zier's today for my weekly visit and Dave was getting ready for yet another tv appearance -- this one will be tomorrow morning -- on Channel 5 (WMAQ TV) at 9 am CT, where he'll be discussing Thanksgiving cookery. Today, though, he was prepping a bit of food for the segment on his Komodo cooker . . .

davezier.goose.jpg

Dave Zier takes a goose off the cooker

davezier.john.goose.jpg

Dave and his cohort John, who seemed very excited about the goose

davezier.chix.jpg

It was like an old cartoon because the entrancing aromas wafting out from the cooker were virtually pulling unassuming walkers-by into the shop. Several of them even asked if the birds were for sale. It was hard to stand there and not tear off a drumstick but I restrained myself.

=R=

Thanks Dennis!!

If Ron hadn't stopped by when he did, none of this would have been confirmed!In all there were 6 boneless stuffed cornish hens, a roasting chicken( that never made it to the studio) a boneless turkey breast,and the goose all at the same time! The drip pan was a must! As it was the goose grease had achieved flash point a couple of times! Kinda made a mess of the roasting chicken! I'll use the heat deflector along with the drip pan next timeand not fill up the KK so much next time. After the birds were done there was a rib pork roast ,and a crown roast of lamb,the crown had to be roasted in the oven at around midnight. Too tired to go outside anymore, and it was the only one I had, getting tired and had to get to sleep!Not that I slept very well.