Majestik

On the Chuckwagon

Thanks Curly' date=' I think as a newby I'll stick to the chuch roll for awhile before I try a brisket, heck it sounds like brisket is hard enough I may never want to know what I am missing. :smt005[/quote']

Don't be scared of the brisket! Having the grill you do takes most of the hard work out of it! There is plenty enough info and plenty of experienced brisket cookers here to get you right up to speed! While I have not tried the chuck roll yet (doubt I will as 25 lbs would take me forever to eat), just seeing it on the forum, I believe I am gonna stick with brisket (looks great, I just like sliced better). My favorite beef is sliced brisket (the pulled tip end is ok, but I like the sliced flat the best - though I would still prefer cooking them together). Anyway, give it a try, you don't know what your missing!

-=Jasen=-

If you can do a butt' date=' you can do a briskett. DJ, if you bgt that foodsaver, you can do a chuck roll :D[/quote']

I do love the foodsaver! It was a christmas gift - hehe. But I really prefer sliced beef verses chipped and the chuck looks pretty much chipped only.

-=Jasen=-

Pulled beef...what's chipped, same as pulled?

If you can do a butt' date=' you can do a briskett. DJ, if you bgt that foodsaver, you can do a chuck roll :D[/quote']

I do love the foodsaver! It was a christmas gift - hehe. But I really prefer sliced beef verses chipped and the chuck looks pretty much chipped only.

-=Jasen=-

Pulled beef...what's chipped, same as pulled?

Well, since I do not have one of those claw thingies, I use a cleaver - so chipped or cut verses pulled, but basically similar.

-=Jasen=-

Re: what's chipped,

For those of you with parents who served in the military during the 50's asked them what chipped beef is on toast and the reply you will recieve is...

S$%T On A Shingle! :lol:

Yeah, I remember SOS quite well while in the military.
I din't do military. But I like SOS at the local diner. :) And some places even serve it on a WAFFLE!! Be still my heart... (which, of course, it will, if I have too much SOS on waffles)! An excellent meal on a cold weekend morning. :)