primeats

Butts for Sale!

While posting this morning I realized I was late for work!

Fortunately I live 5 blocks from the store and the boss didn't fire me.

The butts went on around 5 last nite, windy rainy, and a crowded grill had me guessing at the pit temp...sans draft inducer.

Notice the no smoking sign to the right of the KK !

gx19eqgA.jpg

The temps at 9:10 were at 147 degrees, I figure the fire went out about 6:00, nice dwell time!

If you look closely you'll see the fiber mesh sheath that covers the end of the probe.

aV2fEsOi.jpg

aV2fF3dr.jpg

Yep, it's done!

aV2fHXiS.jpg

Look at that bark!!!

aV2fJ38S.jpg

Good 'ole Iowa know how! And a healthy appetite! Drove past your place last weekend( relatively speaking...drove through Clinton), finally picked up my charcoal in C.R. from the shippment that Fetzer brought in. My family was intrigued and I left a couple boxes behind. I know their are 17 more boxes in Cedar Rapids-high and dry- I couldn't take any more. Thanks Fetz and Dennis!

Hey the fire didn't really go out!

"The temps at 9:10 were at 147 degrees, I figure the fire went out about 6:00, nice dwell time! "

After I cleaned the grates today I found that the fire really didn't go out, but the remaining fuel failed to fall into the pit like I thought it should. It was still around 180. This was about 3:00, prolly could have gone for a few hours more, and it wasn't even loaded to the gills! Oh and the meat was perfect, the largest butt was not quite fall off the bone, but was well done and chopped up for sammiches.

Mmmm! :)

My Chicago (Tri-Taylor neighborhood) cousins keep asking me to visit. I think I'll have to, and work out a DZ visit while I'm there. :)

I have great fun reading about how you use your cooker for work stuff, not just wonders for your family. And I like it when (as you did in the recent tri-tip thread) you say what to expect from a particular cut of meat.

So often I feel like "guess your best" when I'm at the meat case. You give excellent lessons! :happy8:

Mmmm! :)

My Chicago (Tri-Taylor neighborhood) cousins keep asking me to visit. I think I'll have to, and work out a DZ visit while I'm there. :)

I have great fun reading about how you use your cooker for work stuff, not just wonders for your family. And I like it when (as you did in the recent tri-tip thread) you say what to expect from a particular cut of meat.

So often I feel like "guess your best" when I'm at the meat case. You give excellent lessons! :happy8:

Awww Shucks! Seriously any time you are planning to come in we can all meet and see the sites! Call ahead and we'll make sure the house is cleaned up! Nothing like a party to get the house straightened up!