Firemonkey

Pan Seared steaks

I was in the mood for something a little different than the standard grilled steaks I have been making. I still had a couple of tenderloin steaks in the fridge and the kids were asking for mashed potatoes and gravy. So I decided to make some pan seared (what some call Chicago style) steaks on the grill, and made the kids happy with the potatoes.

All thats required is a very hot cast iron pan, and just a little oil to coat it. Once the pan is smoking hot, drop the steaks on, cook a few minutes to your desired degree of done, and flip - unless you like rare, then you may want to just char one side and close to cook.

I deglazed the pan with a little cabernet and stock (used for making the gravy) after I pulled the steaks. This was a pretty good home-style meal, and is very quick and easy to make.

img0441c.jpg

img0443r.jpg

img0444t.jpg

If my wife cooked like I do, would I be doing it myself ? :P

Or maybe the fact that she doesnt cook is motivation to put up with me?? :lol::shock:

By my wifes own self assessment, her skills include some limited desert baking and things that come from a box or package. She can make a mean dish of mac and cheese with hot dogs, though! ;):D