DachsieSlave

Hey Whiz

Re: Hey Whiz

...or anyone with egg/GD experience. Any tips to make the transition to the KK (different draft door and damper) easier.

Also, I used a MAPP torch to light my GD, any reason to get the gas accessory for the KK?

I only recommend the KK gas burner for those who want to get to searing high temps quickly. It is the fastest way to go from 0-700º. For low and slow starting, I actually recommend NOT using it even if you own one. The reason behind this is that it lights too much charcoal, too large of an area and lights from the bottom. If lit from the bottom it burns up and as the charcoal turns to ash the new charcoal above tumbles down on top of it.

I think it's best to light a small amount of charcoal.. maybe a tennis balls worth, on top and let it burn down into the fuel.

I've retired my charcoal starter and my mapp torch for those little paraffin starter blocks.. Toss one in.. cover it up a little.. set your airflow and forget it.

When you finally check in it will be sitting pretty at 235º

;);)